Rising Lotus Inc
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Rising Lotus, INC. 100% Tobacco Free Policy
This policy promotes the health and safety of Rising Lotus INC. employees, clients, and visitors by establishing a smoke/tobacco-free workplace.
Creating smoke and tobacco-free environments protects employees and the public from the electronic tobacco product, or any other smoked or smokeless tobacco product, excluding any product that has been approved by the FDA for tobacco cessation or other medical purposes.
3. “Tobacco-free” means that smoking of tobacco, nicotine, or tobacco-like product, plant or substance; whether natural or synthetic, in any manner or in any form is prohibited.
1. Smoking and the use of tobacco products are prohibited at all times and on all property owned, leased, or under the control of Rising Lotus, INC. at all times, including, but not limited to indoor and outdoor grounds, walkways and sidewalks, parking lots.
2. Smoking and tobacco products must be extinguished and properly disposed of prior to entering Rising Lotus, INC. property or exiting personal vehicles. Improper disposal includes, but is not limited to littering package waste, discarding cigarette butts, throwing cigarette butts out of windows, or any littering that may create a health, safety or fire hazard. No ashtrays or smoking shelters will be provided on Rising Lotus, INC. grounds.
3. The sale, promotion, or distribution of smoking or tobacco products and merchandise is prohibited in and on all Rising Lotus, INC. owned and occupied properties.
4. Employees may not smoke or use tobacco products while wearing apparel identifying them as a Rising Lotus, INC. employee.
5. Employees may not smell of smoke during work hours and are never allowed to smoke with or near clients.
1. Signs stating Rising Lotus, INC. tobacco-free policy will be clearly posted on the perimeter of the property, at driveway entrances, and in other prominent places.
2. Employees, clients, visitors and the community will be informed of the policy through a variety of communication methods, e.g., website, appointment reminders, newsletters, signage, print and electronic media, meetings, and other communication materials.
3. This policy will be included in employee handbooks, new-employee orientation materials and other documents where appropriate.
4. Rising Lotus, INC. will establish and communicate procedures for informing patients, staff, visitors, and others of Rising Lotus, INC. tobacco-free policy, e.g., website, signage, posters, job announcements, employee orientation materials.
1. This policy is the shared responsibility of all Rising Lotus, INC. employees. Employees are authorized and encouraged to communicate this policy with courtesy, respect and diplomacy.
2. Any person who observes an employee violating the policy is encouraged to address the noncompliance respectfully and confidentially with the employee in question. If difficulties arise with compliance, an employee may make a confidential report to a supervisor or manager.
3. Failure by an employee, intern, or volunteer to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action.
4. This policy will be enforced through administrative action by supervisors and managers. In general, supervisors are responsible for ensuring that employees under their direction are aware of the policy and comply with it and for taking appropriate action to correct noncompliance.
*Tobacco Cessation Assistance
Resources and supports for tobacco cessation are available and will be regularly promoted as appropriate and in accordance with standard and ongoing support to employees, and the public:
1. Information about the Kentucky Tobacco Quit Line will be made available for distribution to employees, clients, and others as appropriate. The Kentucky Tobacco Quit Line is operated by the Kentucky Cabinet of Health and Family Services and is freely available to all Kentuckians. The Kentucky Tobacco Quit Line is available by phone at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) and online at www.quitnowkentucky.org.
3. Tobacco industry-sponsored education and cessation materials are strictly prohibited.
1. This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that it is sustained, effective, and up to date.